For the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation we are the data controller.
I. PERSONAL DATA WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
“Personal data” means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed, i.e. anonymous data.
We will collect the following personal data:
- Contact us: on contacting us, we will collect the following personal data, your name, surname and email address.
- Subscription: on subscribing to our email updates, we will collect your name, surname and email address.
- Events: from time to time, we may organise for ourselves or others promotional or other events. On registering to attend these events, we will collect your name, surname, name of your organisation and your role within that organisation as well as your email address and phone number.
- Comments: on commenting on our videos through logging in into a social media platform, we will collect your name, surname and/or username.
- Cookies: our Cookies Policy can be found here.
Prohibited data: in all events, it is forbidden to submit to us any data that contain sensitive data such as your or third parties’ racial origin, sexual preference, religion, health, or membership in a trade union.
II. HOW WE MAY USE THE DATA COLLECTED FROM YOU
We will process your personal data for the purpose of:
- Allowing you to comment on our videos;
- Providing you access to all parts or features of our services, or the Website;
- Dealing with your enquiries and requests, including contacting you where necessary;
- Contacting you for your views on our Website and related services and notifying you occasionally about important changes or developments to the Website or related services; Carrying out market research campaigns or surveys;
- Sending you marketing material regarding services we provide;
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. For example, to comply with a legal obligation, to keep our records updates and to study how visitors use our Website and grow our business, to keep our website updated and relevant and to infirm our marketing strategy.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes set out herein, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use your data for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. We will notify you if we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose.
III. MARKETING COMMUNICATION
We will only contact you by e-mail with promotional material relating to the current or similar services to those which we provide.
If you do not want us to use your personal data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing or advertising purposes, please do not tick the relevant box (or boxes) situated on the form on which we collect your data (e.g. event registration form) or click on the “unsubscribe” button at the end of our marketing emails.
IV. INFORMATION SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate policies, rules, technical and security measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control (having regard to the type and amount of that data) from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
All of our employees and data processors that have access to, and are associated with, the processing of your personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our users’ information.
Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as e-mails/web mails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the Internet. As such, we cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
V. TO WHOM WILL YOUR PERSONAL DATA BE DISCLOSED?
- Our employees, subcontractors, collaborators or service providers;
- Any member of our group companies and their employees, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006;
- Successors in title to our business and prospective buyers of our business or assets;
- To any third party where such disclosure is required in order to enforce or apply our terms or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others but always in accordance with applicable laws.
We may also be required to disclose your personal data to government bodies and law enforcement agencies and in response to other legal and regulatory requests. We will only disclose your data to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
VI. YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where appropriate under Data Protection Legislation, you may have your personal information erased, rectified, amended or completed as specified below:
- Access: you are entitled to be provided with a copy of the information we hold about you.
- Deletion: you have the right to ask us to delete personal information we hold about you though please bear in mind that we may need to keep all or part of your data in accordance with applicable Data Protection Legislation (e.g. if we need to keep all or part of your data to comply with our legal obligations, for record keeping or to keep providing you any of our services).
- Rectification: you are entitled to have any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you corrected.
- Information: you have the right to be informed of the use to which your personal data is put.
- Restriction: under certain circumstances specified by Data Protection Legislation, you have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data, or we may restrict the processing of your data.
- Object: you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data based: (i) on our legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest; (ii) direct marketing (including profiling); (ii) processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- Portability: you have the right to request us to provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable form and to ask us to transmit the data directly to another organisation if this is technically feasible.
Requests must be made in writing to Video@TheB1M.com. You must provide us with your name and address, proof of identity as well as brief details of the data of which you would like a copy, which you would like to be corrected or deleted.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data. However, we may only request a reasonable fee from you when your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive or repetitive or we receive a request to provide further copies of the same information.
We try to respond to legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
VII. WHERE WE STORE AND PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
VIII. DATA RETENTION
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
IX. THIRD PARTY LINKS
X. FURTHER INFORMATION
For complaints or for requesting further information from us on data protection and privacy or any requests concerning your personal information please write to The B1M Limited, 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, United Kingdom WC1N 3AX or e-mail us at Video@TheB1M.com. You can also contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) if you have a complaint regarding your personal data that we cannot resolve.